Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Start of a New Business....

As some of you already know, I have a small design business on the side doing design for people and businesses. From photo cards to logos, and everything in between, I do custom greetings and branding. Well, not that I don't enjoy it, I'm thinking of putting it to the side for a while, fulfilling the odd jobs as requested and branching into a more product based business.



So, today I started to experiment. creating felt start ornaments and clay tags. The ornaments are as expected, in hues of grays and white with a visible stitch. They're fun to make. But the clay tags, they're giving me the most problems. I've experimented with a few different clay recipes and can't seem to nail the right one. The one I'm trying today requires 24 hours to see the results of the creation. So... we'll see how this goes.

Next up on the product line, perhaps some homemade stockings and pillow cases? I don't have a lot of materials yet, so I'll have to make some prototypes with what I have. What do you think? Should I venture into something else as well? I'm constantly experimenting and looking for that perfect thing to do. In the meantime, stay tuned as hopefully I'll start having enough to add them to my etsy shoppe! Have a great Wednesday - we're half way through the work week!

No comments:

Post a Comment