Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Before and After | The Dining Room Chairs

I have chairs! Okay so you may have snuck a peak at them in the DIY Prendant Lighting with Lampshade post the other day... but here they are up close and personal.




When the hubby built the new table, we were left with an eight-seater bar table. Without hesitation, my mom volunteered it to her home. We thought why not? We were done with it... but we get to keep two of the chairs for our island... and the deal was made. I'm not sure if she actually won out of this situation though. When we dropped off her table, she was left with two sets. So, I insisted we take her old one. Well, at least the chairs. I figured if we painted them up they would do just fine at our new table. So we did just that. (As for the table, the hubby is turning it into a desk!! Stay tuned for that post... it's a project still sitting on the back burner.)

Before:






After:






What do you think? Not bad? We are still getting used to having a "normal" height table and everything seems so tiny... or the space feels huge. I'm not too sure yet. Anyways, I'm saving my pennies for two wing back or upholstered chairs for the ends, like this one:


via


And when I say saving my pennies I mean it. Can you believe that these chairs are $400 each?? I mean obviously I'm not getting them, but I even saw other ones I like that are $1000 each... do people really pay that much for one dining room chair??

Oh to dream...

Anyways, those are the dining room chairs... we're still trying to decide if we like them.



No comments:

Post a Comment