Thursday, January 3, 2013

Before and After - The Master Bedroom

While we still finish a few details on the main floor at the new house, I think I can finally share the master bedroom before and after. We just got the curtains hung, which were nicely hemmed by my mother-in-law - they are from Ikea. :o) I will try and give you some details about where things are from and what not as we do the tour...


First up... this bed set is from Home Hardware Furniture. I believe it is the Bonneshire set?? Anyways, truthfully we hate it. For the amount we paid it hasn't been that good of a set and I don't think the hubby will let me buy another piece of furniture from HH as it has been nothing but problems. I won't bore you with the details, but maybe someday we'll have a homemade set that will make us a little happier.


Here's a first look at the before and after as you enter the Master - that little bed at the end is where Hank is supposed to sleep at night. Although he can sometimes be found on either side of the bed or even in the walk-in closet under the hanging clothes.


And here's a look from the end of the bed... as you can tell we still need to hang some pictures and get the ceiling painted.


This is a look from the bedroom into the master walk-in. And of course, Bailey joined us for this picture. One of the rare times I can seem to snap one of her as she seems to be camera shy.

Excuse the messy shelves & dirty laundry. :o)

And here's the before and after of the walk-in closet. Okay so not much was done. We only ripped down some of the wood panelling because the clothes were too heavy and pulled it away from the wall. The hubby decided to re-anchor the posts appropriately. I also wanted to let you see it as we may be turning it into an ensuite and walk-in. I'm still trying to figure out a layout that will work best... we want it to be a three piece ensuite with a shower only, but I also want a walk-in closet.

Pillows from Home Sense

Okay, back to the details. Here's a peak at one of the presents Santa dropped of this year. These pillows are from Home Sense... I'm slowly trying to make the house a home and get details in every room. One thing you'll notice everywhere in our house is that the walls are very empty.

I Love Hydrangeas

I scored this pottery from Joann Fabrics on sale plus an additional 50% off. You'll see a few of these through the house when I finally do the reveal. The throw was either a wedding gift or a first home gift - I have lots of these too. And, the hydrangeas are from our wedding. I've dried them and managed to get a few to make it from the cape cod. They are one of my favourite flowers.


Okay and since you could see into the closet and just one of my obsessions... clothes. Here's an even closer peak at one of my weaknesses - scarves. I scored four new ones over the holidays alone! Everyone who knows me knows I love scarves and I'm usually seen wearing one, especially during the colder months.

That is it. A peak inside the master bedroom and the future ensuite/walk-in. I guess we'll both have to wait and see what happens there. As for pictures, I hope you enjoyed them. I'm trying to do a better job and get better lighting as well as more creative than I did at the last place. :o)



No comments:

Post a Comment