Monday, January 21, 2013

DIY | Valentine's Day Banner

I'm not one for Valentine's Day... Okay I kinda am. But, the hubby considers it a Hallmark Holiday and prefers to surprise me because he wants to, not because someone said he should. So usually we decide to go out for dinner and find something we both want. Last year we went to San Francisco and called it our Valentine's Day present. This year, we are going to Niagara Falls for a week and having a seafood cookout the night of. I'm completely okay with this. :D

diy valentine's day banner. (by martha.anne)


While we may celebrate Valentine's Day a little differently, I decided a little banner project would still look cute. I didn't want to go all out, so I did it with things from around the house and it cost me $0. After putting it together, I thought how cute, I think I'll share. :o)


DIY Valentine's Day Banner

you'll need.

newspaper
scrap cardboard
string
scissors
pencil
tape
glue
hole punch




here's what you do.

1. Draw a heart on the scrap cardboard
and cut it out so you can trace it.

2. Trace hearts onto newspaper and cut them out.
(Leave newspaper folded to cut more at once.)

3. Glue three hearts together so that they are thicker.

4. Punch two holes in hearts - one at the top of each side.

5. Twist together string and feed it through the holes.
(I used hemp and embroidery thread.)

6. If desired, tape string to the back of hearts to keep them in place.


VOILA! Valentine's Day Banner complete.


There you have it. I completed my first holiday banner and on a budget - zip, nil, zero dollars! It doesn't get any better than that and it looks absolutely adorable above my working space:

diy valentine's day banner. (by martha.anne)






I linked up here:

More the Merrier Monday






Shaken Together




No comments:

Post a Comment